Monday, 15 December 2014

it's that time of year again...

It's that time of year again! Time for Celestine to write her Christmas cards. She very kindly wrote some of mine for me too. She's nice like that.

This years place of choice for the Christmas card writing session was the castle entrance hall. Celestine thought it was the perfect place to feel festive what with the Christmas tree (have you noticed she has changed the baubles?) and the big chandelier.

Here's a selection of the cards. Celestine's favourite is the Christmas tree one with the gemstones. She'll go for anything sparkly. I must admit I quite like it too, though I also have a soft spot for the penguin one above. 

Celestine does enjoy to feel festive. She's been planning her Christmas outfit too lately. She wants a red satin dress with red tulle under the skirt and a holly and berry hair decoration to match. I told her it sounds lovely but I am not sure I have time to make it and the shops definitely won't stock it in her size. She was quite disappointed. 

I guess I'll have to see what I can do.


Speaking of cards- there seems to have been a lot of mini card making this year! - I forgot to post this little card Celestine made back in November, for Ted. 
It was fireworks themed as you can see (hopefully!) and the envelope had firework sparkles on it too. Celestine just loves the fireworks. She tried to make it a bit bigger than her usual cards but really didn't manage to make it that much bigger- she only has tiny hands!


We went to Nottingham on Saturday to visit Henry's Dad and Gran. We drove up there in the frosty morning sunshine and ended up having a really nice day. Not that we don't usually have a nice time there but this time it was particularly nice. It was just relaxing and festive. I had been worrying about some stuff lately, and I just forgot all of it while we were there! We ate starry mince pie tart and I wore my new cream fur coat with the hood- very silky (I caught Henry stroking it while it was hung up in the hallway haha) We went for a drive in Henry's dad's new jaguar and walked round a couple of shops selling all manner of christmassy things. We bought some presents and some gold crackers and then decorated the tree late into the evening, unwrapping all the baubles from their snuggly tissue paper. I brought some of my fairies up from the wedding and they went on the tree too. It was probably the most Christmassy I have felt so far actually. In fact I just remembered we did even pull some left over crackers from last year and wear the hats while eating dinner. 

On the drive home, very late, I saw five shooting stars! I looked it up later and realised it was because there was a geminid meteor shower going on that night. 

Oh also, Carol made Celestine a tiny fly fishing rod which I got while we were in Nottingham. It is amazing! I will have to take some pictures of it soon.

A few snaps from Henry's phone.


Can't believe Christmas day is NEXT WEEK!

Oh also, also, here is the cover for my second Withc's Cat book! It's popped up online now so I can share it:

Not out until next July but I couldn't resist posting it now!

Hope you're having wonderful weeks!

X

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love seeing the cover of your book. Celestine is sweet doing Christmas cards for you. Love all the images!

Plushpussycat said...

I LOVE the baubles on Celestine's Christmas tree! How festive! Ooh, I can hardly wait to see Celestine in her new dress--how exciting! xo Jennifer

miniacollection said...

How I love seeing your posts. Your Christmas cards are wonderful and the enveloppe even more.
Geneviève

Jane Chérie said...

Your mini cards never cease to amaze me! Thank you for sharing so many fun photos of your world and the mini world of Celestine as well :)